Playing basketball requires a lot of stamina and strength. As per different studies, by playing basketball for at least 30 minutes each day, a person can burn up to 240 to 350 calories per half hour, depending on your weight.
How many calories does 30 minutes of basketball burn?
Training and Sports Activities
|Training and Sports Activities|
|Basketball: playing a game||240||288|
|Bicycling: 12-13.9 mph||240||288|
|Football: touch, flag, general||240||288|
|Hockey: field & ice||240||288|
Is basketball a good way to lose weight?
As you can see above, basketball is best played in a group if you’re looking to lose weight. The challenge of facing off with other players almost doubles the calorie burn. Many towns and cities offer free access to outdoor courts, so all you’d need to bring is a properly inflated basketball.
How many calories does an NBA player burn per game?
Calories burned per game
On average, an NBA player (if you include shooting, running, dribbling, jumping, and passing) can lose between 900 and 1,000 calories per game if they play 20 minutes.
How many calories does an hour of basketball burn?
Just shooting hoops helps burn around 300 calories an hour. Playing a half court game brings it to about 558 an hour, and stepping up to a full court game will burn around 747 calories an hour.
How can I burn 1000 calories a day?
How Much Exercise Do You Have To Do To Burn 1000 Calories In A Day?
- General weight lifting – 112.
- Vigorous weight lifting – 223.
- Water aerobics – 149.
- Low impact aerobics (e.g walking) – 205.
- High impact aerobics (e.g running) – 260.
- Moderate stationary bicycling – 260.
- Vigorous stationary bicycling – 391.
How can I burn 500 calories a day?
Burn 500 Calories Working Out At-Home (30-Min Workouts)
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT)
- Climbing stairs.
- Bodyweight workouts.
Does basketball make you skinny fat?
As per different studies, by playing basketball for at least 30 minutes each day, a person can burn up to 240 to 350 calories per half hour, depending on your weight. If a person burns 250 calories per day, he will lose 230 grams every week. That means in a month you will lose 1 kilo. Basketball is played in a group.
Is playing basketball enough exercise?
Health benefits of basketball
While not renowned as an aerobic sport, it is still a great workout that can help you: burn calories (an hour of basketball can burn 630–750 calories) build endurance. improve balance and coordination.
Is basketball a full body workout?
It’s designed that way. Basketball is such an effective workout because it combines cardiovascular exercise with plyometrics, also known as “jump training”, which is a high-intensity leg workout that combines stretching and strength training through repetitive jumping.
What sport burns the most belly fat?
Top 10 Sports That Help You Shed Tons Of Fat
- 1) Swimming. Calories burned per hour: 500 to 800. …
- 2) Sprinting. Calories burned per hour: 900 to 1,500. …
- 3) Racquets. Calories burned per hour: 390 to 780. …
- 4) Soccer. Calories burned per hour: 600 to 900. …
- 5) Basketball. Calories burned per hour: 496 to 687. …
- 6) Martial Arts. …
- 7) Gymnastics. …
What job burns the most calories?
Jobs that burn the most calories
- Waiter or Waitress. 175 Calories per Hour. $21,400. Wait staff are on their feet for their entire shift. …
- Construction Laborer. 297 Calories per Hour. $33,400. Construction workers do lots of heavy lifting. …
- Commercial Diver. 726 Calories per Hour. $67,200. …
- Park Ranger. 330 Calories per Hour. $37,900.
Which sport burns most calories?
Running is the winner for most calories burned per hour. Stationary bicycling, jogging, and swimming are excellent options as well. HIIT exercises are also great for burning calories. After a HIIT workout, your body will continue to burn calories for up to 24 hours.
How many calories does a 1 hour gym workout burn?
Well, based on the fact that one pound of fat equates to around 3,500 calories, a daily workout of one hour where you burn 500 calories, should help you lose a pound a week, as long as your diet is sensible.
How many calories do you naturally burn in a day?
This means that, at rest, they’ll burn approximately 1,829.8 calories in a day (equation: 66 + (6.2 x 180) + (12.7 x 72) – (6.76 x 40) = 1,829.8). For females, use the following equation: 655.1 + (4.35 x weight) + (4.7 x height) – (4.7 x age) = BMR for females.
How do I calculate how many calories I burn a day?
Calculating daily calorie burn
- For men: 66 + (6.2 x weight) + (12.7 x height) – (6.76 x age)
- For women: 655.1 + (4.35 x weight) + (4.7 x height) – (4.7 x age)