Phentermine Hydrochloride (HCl) 37.5 mg is the maximum effective dose of this drug for weight loss. Today, one of the three dosage forms of Phentermine HCl 37.5 mg is used to treat obesity: capsules, orally disintegrating or film-coated tablets.
Phentermine HCl 37.5 mg tablets or capsules should be taken no more than once daily. There is a special score line on some Phentermine HCl 37.5 mg diet pills, by which they can be divided into two equal doses of 18.75 mg.
- Tablets with score line can be divided into two parts if only a half of Phentermine HCl 37.5 mg dose is needed.
- After splitting, take the first half of Phentermine HCl 37.5 mg tablet in the morning, and the second after lunch.
- Phentermine HCl 37.5 mg capsules and tablets without score line should be taken as a whole without splitting them.
A dose of 37.5 mg is absolutely equivalent to 30 mg of Phentermine base, which is not used in production of tablets or capsules for weight loss because of low solute potential. However, in the form of hydrochloride – Phentermine rapidly dissolves on the tongue or in the gastrointestinal tract.
- The most popular brand of Phentermine HCl 37.5 mg tablets and capsules is Adipex-P.
- Orally disintegrating tablets are manufactured under the trademark Suprenza.
- In addition, these 37.5 mg diet pills are produced under the generic name Phentermine HCl.
The manufacturers and / or distributors of Phentermine HCl 37.5 mg are companies such as InvaGen, KVK Tech, Lannett, Mikah Pharma, and Teva.