- 1 Phentermine hydrochloride 37.5 mg
- 2 How does Phentermine work
- 3 What are the side effects of taking Phentermine 37.5 mg
- 4 Possible drug interactions
- 5 Most significant warnings
- 6 Prescription for Phentermine in Different Countries
- 7 Phentermine use in children
- 8 Complex Medical Examination
- 9 Which Phentermine dosage form is better
- 10 Who manufactures Phentermine HCL and Phentermine
Yes, it is a normal thing to ask yourself questions like “does Phentermine 37.5 mg really work? Will it help me lose weight? What side effects it can cause?” before you pop the first pill.
We got the answers to these and other questions about Phentermine 37.5 mg use in weight loss.
One single article will help you make up your mind about the use of these diet pills.
Online user reviews and manufacturers’ information, as well as an essence of clinical trials were gathered, mixed and distilled to bring you the essence of information.
Phentermine hydrochloride 37.5 mg
Phentermine Hydrochloride (HCl) 37.5 mg is one of the most frequently used effective dose of this drug for weight loss.
You have an opportunity to choose between:
- orally disintegrating pills,
- film-coated tablets.
The score line on some Phentermine 37.5 mg diet pills allows you dividing the tab into two equal doses of 18.75 mg.
You can either take the half dose once in the morning, or take the first half in the AM and the other at noon.
How does Phentermine work
Even though the exact mechanism of this drug action is not fully established, it is already clear that it:
- Makes your nervous system get-up-and-go
- Makes your brain think that you’re not hungry
- Makes your fat cells break the fat
- Makes your blood pressure raise and your heart beat faster.
Clinical tests on Phentermine 37.5 mg have shown that patients lose more weight with Phentermine, than they would have lost without it.
What are the side effects of taking Phentermine 37.5 mg
Side effects of Phentermine that people report most often are:
- dry mouth,
- unpleasant taste,
- sleeplessness and others.
The great news is…
Most of them are very rare, mild and pass fast.
If you notice any adverse effects related to your central nervous system, including dizziness, insomnia, restlessness, tremor and others, you should talk to your doctor and discuss the possibility to adjust the dose and treatment.
If you are taking the drug longer than recommended period, try not to take it for 24-48 hours and check your body reaction.
If you feel any of the enlisted withdrawals, get back on the pill and ensure a smooth exit from the course by gradually extending the pause between the intake of consequent doses.
Possible drug interactions
Make sure to NEVER combine the drug with
- tricyclic antidepressants, such as Elavil,
- MAO inhibitors, like Emsam.
Such drug combination will result in hypertension and other serious adverse effects, as your serotonin levels increase.
Most significant warnings
Patients who suffer from diabetes and start a Phentermine 37.5 mg course may require lowering of their standard insulin dose.
Pregnant and nursing women are advised to avoid this treatment because of possible side effects.
This medication may affect your ability to engage in potentially dangerous activities, including driving a car or a motorcycle.
Prescription for Phentermine in Different Countries
Even though Phentermine-containing pills have the same indications in all countries, where they are approved, their prescription criteria vary slightly.
For example, Phentermine is indicated for weight loss to patients with a BMI of:
- 25 and above – in Australia,
- 27 and above – in the US,
- 30 and above – in New Zealand, Israel, and the UK.
Another criterion for getting a Phentermine prescription, which varies in different countries, is your age.
You will not be prescribed this anorectic if you are younger than:
- 12 years of age – in Australia
- 17 years of age – in the US.
Phentermine use in children
If you are a child or adolescent suffering from obesity, you might not be prescribed Phentermine.
Instead, you may benefit from a comprehensive weight loss program, which includes:
- Medical examination to diagnose possible conditions, which affect your weight
- Sharing with your peers, who are fighting the same problem
- Asking professional nutritionist for advice and following it
- Enrolling into team games and competitions
- Limiting your time spent with gadgets and sitting at a computer
- Increasing the share of daily active pastime.
Do NOT fear to ask for help, be it advice on nutrition or psychological counselling.
The sooner you address the issue of weight loss, the easier it will be for you to get rid of excess weight, even without the use of any diet pills.
Complex Medical Examination
If you want to get Phentermine prescribed to you, your BMI and age are not single factors that matter.
Your GP needs to assess your associated risk factors.
To do this, you need to pass a comprehensive medical examination, including, but not limited to:
- Blood and urine tests
- Evaluation of thyroid function.
The complex medical examination is required to:
- Ensure that conditions for Phentermine indication are present
- Ensure there are no contraindications for Phentermine use
- Choose an optimal dose of Phentermine – taking into account the obesity severity and associated risk factors.
Keep in mind!
Phentermine efficacy and safety should be assessed and reassessed regularly.
Better have the main health indices checked one a month, while visiting the doc to get your next prescription.
Which Phentermine dosage form is better
Phentermine tablets are not a single option for your treatment.
Those, who find it difficult to swallow tablets, can opt for soft gelatin capsules or orodispersible tablets.
To see which of the available dosage forms you should choose, check out their differences:
- Capsules are characterized by slow sustained-release action, and a very long anorectic effect, which lasts all day long.
- Film-coated tablets start working faster than the capsules, yet their anorectic action lasts less than that of the capsules.
- Orally dispersible tablets dissolve instantly in the mouth, and their properties are identical (equivalent) to properties of conventional Phentermine pills.
Who manufactures Phentermine HCL and Phentermine
The following companies are considered to be among five largest manufacturers of Phentermine pills and capsules in the USA:
- Elite Labs
All these companies specialize in the manufacture of diet pills and capsules, sold at US pharmacies under generic name Phentermine Hydrochloride.
Both the manufacturers and companies involved into repackaging and distribution of pharmaceutical products can be indicated as Phentermine suppliers in the US.
Information about the manufacturer, distributor and (or) repackaging company is always indicated on the label.
For example, for Phentermine pills manufactured by Mutual Pharma (a U.S. division of Sun Pharmaceutical, India), the following repackaging companies can be specified:
- A-S Medication Solutions
- Blenheim Pharmacal
- Bryant Ranch Prepack
- Dispensing Solutions
- J. Harkins Company, Inc.
- Keltman Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Northwind Pharmaceuticals
- PD-Rx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Physicians Total Care
- Proficient Rx LP
- Rebel Distributors Corp
- RxChange Co.
- Stat RX USA LLC
- Unit Dose Services.
Some of these companies collaborate with several manufacturers of Phentermine.
For example, A-S Medication Solutions owns the US license for the repackaging of Phentermine pills manufactured by four pharmaceutical companies, namely KVK-Tech, Mutual, Teva, and Lannett.