Phentermine is available in a few main dosages, including 8 mg, 15 mg, 30 mg and 37.5 mg. Besides, in some countries like Australia, the maximum daily Phentermine dose is 40 mg.
Despite the availability of a large variety of Phentermine dosages, the dosing frequency of the drug depends, first of all, on the prescribed dosage form of the drug.
Standard dosing regimens of Phentermine that are prescribed for most patients.
- Phentermine 8 mg tablets (Lomaira)
- Phentermine resin 15 mg, 30 mg and 40 mg capsules (Duromine, Ionamin)
- Phentermine 37.5 mg tablets / capsules (Adipex and its generics)
- Three times a day, 30 minutes before meals
Dosing regimen is commonly adjusted by the healthcare specialist in accordance with the severity of the patient’s health condition and his/her body mass. The optimal dose that is frequently prescribed to start the treatment course is 30 mg, though it can be diversified during the medication use with account for Phentermine tolerance and clinical effect.
Recommendations for the use of the anorectic drug:
- avoid late evening dosing & using Phentermine with alcohol;
- swallow whole pills without chewing, and wash them down with a glass of still water;
- combine the use of any Phentermine dosage with a low-calorie diet and exercise.
Inform your doctor about all slightest reactions that you experience after taking the drug, and never modify the dosage without a doctor’s notice. Phentermine misuse, as well as overuse, may provoke devastating side effects.