f you are suffering from overweight and want to build the body of your dreams in just a couple of weeks, Adipex will make you believe that fast weight loss stories are not a myth but reality! Adipex provides fast weight loss because it helps control appetite and significantly reduces the amount and caloric content of food consumed.
An active ingredient contained in Adipex is strong anorectic agent Phentermine Hydrochloride, an amphetamine-like central nervous system stimulant.
Affecting the central nervous system, Phentermine Hydrochloride suppresses an irresistible urge to eat, thereby reducing frequency of binge eating episodes. Adipex-P is one of the most known brands for Phentermine-containing pills in the USA. The rightholder of Adipex-P brand is Teva company. Israeli-American multinational pharmaceutical company Teva and its subsidiaries manufacture:
- Adipex-P oral capsules 37.5mg
- Adipex-P oral pills 37.5mg
Each tablet and capsule of Adipex 37.5mg contains Phentermine, an amphetamine-like anorectic agent. The following companies can be indicated as Adipex 37.5 manufacturers:
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc.
- Pliva Hrvatska d.o.o. (Part of Teva)
- Gate Pharmaceuticals (U.S. Division of Teva)
Being a licensed supplier of Adipex 37.5 mg in the USA, Teva Select Brands can be indicated as well as distributors of pharmaceutical products:
All these companies supply to the US market bioequivalent tablets and capsules of Adipex with identical properties. Original Adipex drug can be distinguished from counterfeits by size, color, shape, and labeling of the tablets/capsules.
Original Adipex pills have the following characteristics:
- Size: 10mm
- Elliptical-oval shape
- No coating
- Line down the middle to split in half
- White with blue speckles
- Adipex inscription on one side and “9”/”9″ on the other
Original Adipex capsules have the following characteristics:
- Size: 16mm
- Oval shape
- Soft gelatin coating
- One half of the capsule – blue, marked with Adipex 37.5 inscription
- The other half of the capsule – white, marked with two dark blue transverse lines.
Tablets and capsules of Adipex have the same therapeutic characteristics and indications for use. They are prescribed for weight loss:
- to patients with a BMI between 27 and 29.9 – in associated risk factors.
- to patients with a BMI of 30 or higher – even without any obesity complications.
Duration of the anorectic effect of different forms of Adipex is the same, but Adipex tablets have one small advantage over the capsules.
Adipex tablets can be split into two equal parts. Therefore, patients can adjust a dose of Adipex when needed and save money.
The usual dose of Adipex makes 37.5mg per day. However if one dose of 18.75mg is enough to control appetite throughout the day, then the whole tablet or capsule of Adipex 37.5mg is not advisable.
Adipex dosage regimen may require to be adjusted not only in those able to control appetite with a low dose of 18.75mg.
If a high dose of Adipex 37.5mg causes undesirable effects (nervousness, nausea, tachycardia), it can be split in half, and take by:
- ½ pill Adipex in the morning
- ½ Adipex tablets in the afternoon
Adipex capsules should not be crushed before using. Therefore, those who need to periodically change the dosage of Adipex, should use oral pills instead of capsules. Duration of Adipex may vary from a few weeks to three months.
- For three-month obesity treatment, a large package of 100 capsules or tablets of Adipex is required.
- For short-term up to 1 month obesity treatment, a package of 30 tablets of Adipex is required (package of 30 caps is not available for sale).
Patients restricted by treatment duration of few weeks can get the required number of Adipex tablets or capsules from their attending physician. Clinics specializing in treatment of obesity are supplied with 1 000 piece packages of Adipex tablets. It should be noted that Phentermine drug manufactured by Teva is available in the USA not only under Adipex brand name. Anorectic drug from Teva is sold at many US pharmacies under generic name Phentermine Hydrochloride as well.
It is easy to distinguish Adipex from other Phentermine-containing drugs manufactured by Teva. They are of different color, shape, and marking.
- White oval tablets of Phentermine Hydrochloride by Teva are marked with “b” – on one side of the tablet, and “E”/”7” – on the other.
- Gray-yellow capsules of Phentermine Hydrochloride by Teva are marked with “barr 15 mg” / “1112”.
- Yellow capsule of Phentermine Hydrochloride by Teva are marked with “barr 30 mg”/”1113”.
Teva subsidiaries can be indicated as marketing authorization holders for white tablets, blue-yellow, and yellow capsules of Phentermine Hydrochloride as well:
Adipex should be noted to have generic versions, marketed under similar trade names.
- In South Korea – white guitar-shaped pills of Adipex, containing 37.5mg and 18.75mg of anorectic agent Phentermine (as Hydrochloride) are available. These diet pills Adipex are supplied by Kwang Dong Pharmaceutical.
- In the Czech Republic – yellow, opaque capsules of Adipex Retard, containing 75 mg of anorectic agent Phentermine (as an ion-exchange resin complex) are available. These weight loss capsules Adipex Retard are supplied by Gerot Pharmazeutika GmbH.
Taking into account that anti-obesity Adipex Retard (by Gerot), Adipex (by Kwang Dong) and Adipex (by Teva) contain the same active ingredient, their pharmacological properties and therapeutic effect are identical.
In addition to diet pills mentioned in this review, dozens of other Phentermine-containing drugs are available in the international market. In different countries, these drugs are sold under different trade names. You can find in our reviews information about the most popular Phentermine-containing diet pills.Adipex, being a generic name of Phentermine, belongs to a group of appetite suppressants that change the operation of the central nervous system, affecting food consumption. Adipex is a widely spread medication that helps to treat obesity and lose weight. Though it is safe and quality, it does not produce that brilliant effect when taken alone. However, being a part of the complex treatment you may enjoy an incredible result. Adipex intake, together with regular exercising and low-calorie diet, can work wonders and produce the desirable effect.
Before the treatment
Adipex is prescribed mainly to patients who are in a risk group. Thus, if you suffer from diabetes, high cholesterol or high blood pressure, this medication is a good solution for you. It can be taken in cases not mentioned in the informational leaflet, but advised by the doctor.Primarily to the medication intake, it is inevitable to consult a healthcare specialist to check if you do not meet any contraindications and if the course will be safe and effective in your exact case and health condition. Pregnant or breastfeeding, as a potent active ingredient can affect an unborn or nursing child. Besides, it is prohibited and not recommended to undergo Adipex treatment if you’ve had a history of heart disease, uncontrolled blood pressure, history of glaucoma, pulmonary hypertension or thyroid. Pay special attention to these conditions when in the doctor’s office. Besides, inform your healthcare provider about all the medications you are currently taking, especially MAO inhibitors taken within the last 14 days.
Recommendations for use
Avoid Adipex is you are allergic to any of its components, with a special regard to Phentermine, as it is an active ingredient. Follow all the doctor’s directions and instructions when taking the treatment. Never increase or decrease the dose as it can cause severe withdrawal reactions. Once you miss a dose take it right when you remember, or skip it if the next one is soon to come. Never double the dose and do not take two pills at once, as it can lead to serious side effects.
The most frequently appearing ones are:
- Allergic reactions;
- Swelling of the feet and ankles;
- Uneven heartbeats;
- Difficult breathing, suffocation;
- Sudden mood changes;
- Chest pain and many others.
Seek emergency medical assistance if you have noticed any of them.